Hurdles and setbacks

Unfortunately, the company that we ordered the wax filament from had to cancel our order as they no longer had any of this filament and were not able to order in any more of it so we would have to look elsewhere if we wanted it. We spoke with Jouke (our course coordinator) to see if there had been any better results with ordering the cast-able resin but this too was experiencing delays and it did not look like we would get it in time.

We had a phone conference with Maaike on Thursday, 5th of October and let her know that we would not be able to get the samples for Monday and as a result we decided to ask if we could postpone the tests from the casting company. We then discussed with Maaike changing our initial plan of testing to work more with what we currently had available so that we would not have to wait on sourcing and shipping of other materials.

From here it was decided that we would print sample sections of the crown on the Form2 in the standard resin and then test the results of making a silicone mould to produce wax parts for investment casting.

Be Sociable, Share!